Requirements for Safe Studio Space™ Certification
75% of the teaching and studio staff has completed training in one or more of the following subject areas:
- Creating Safe Spaces Across Race, Gender, and Ability
- Teaching Trauma-Informed Yoga
- Teaching Yoga Safely Online
In these courses, teachers and staff learn the tools necessary to welcome in students across differences (background, gender, race, ability, or experience) into their studios. Learning outcomes include:
- Deep reflection from the teacher on hidden biases that may exclude students and ways they can avoid them.
- Best practices to keep students safe who may have experienced trauma.
- Better use of classroom language, topics, and cueing so classes speak to diverse populations across race, gender, ability, or experience.
- Tangible steps to make marketing, studio communications, and studio policies more inclusive and welcoming for various populations.